To Inspire and Create a Love for Gardening in the Hearts of Students!
The Lapel Elementary Garden Club meets every Tuesday in Mrs. Smith's 3rd grade classroom from 3-4:30. Students must have a signed permission slip on file with Mrs. Smith before joining the club.
The goal of the Lapel Elementary Garden Club is to establish a network of teachers, students, parents, and other community specialists to create an educational and fun environment for all of us to learn.
- Students will participate in all aspects of sustainable gardening from planning and planting to harvesting and eating.
- The garden is a place where students can learn about good food choices, build a love of nature, have social experiences with their peers and teachers, and develop an awareness of local ecology and the environment.
- Teachers can integrate gardening into subjects such as math, science, social studies, reading, writing, and art.
- When the garden produces enough produce, it will be used in the school cafeteria.
Questions? Contact Mrs. Smith via email email@example.com or cell (765) 620-4964.
Garden Club Wish List
- Small spades (50-75)
- Rain Barrels (3)
- Gardening Gloves (50-75)
- Several Large Shovels and spades
- Small Hand Clippers
- Rakes (3-4)
- Several old tarps
- Trash Bags
- Empty flats, trays, and all sizes of pots
- Garden Wagon
- Old string or jute
- Old/cracked bowling balls
- Empty water bottles and 2-liter bottles
- Vegetable and herb seeds
- Flower seeds
- Flower bulbs
- Potting Soil
- Old Vinyl blinds
- Vegetable plant markers for outside
- Old Spoons (metal)
- Individually-wrapped snacks
- Watering Cans - all sizes
- Golf Tees
- Empty cat food cans
- Composition Notebooks
- Plastic grocery sacks