PENDLETON, IN, June 19, 2013 – Main Street Pendleton will be sponsoring “Arts Cream Sunday,” an art and ice cream social, on June 30th from 2 p.m to 4 p.m., in Downtown Pendleton, Indiana.
Walk through Pendleton’s historic downtown and enjoy the nice summer weather, ice cream, and beautiful community art. This event is open to the community.
Any piece of art that represents or was inspired by our community was welcomed from artists of any age. Applicants entered paintings, drawings, sculptures, printmaking, ceramics, commercial art, and photography.
*List of Activities at Arts Cream Sunday *
- Side Walk Chalk Art
- Dog-gone Art
- Ice Cream Social
- Dave Ellison performance
*Other Activities Downtown June 30th *
- Restaurants Open
- Concert in the Park begins at 6 p.m. at Falls Park
- Monument dedication at 5:30 p.m.—Fredrick Douglass Historical Marker
- Antique Shopping
- Museum Open from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
With artists’ permission, a list of artists, work titles, and addresses will be available to interested viewers for personal contact and private sales, if desired. While no commission or entry fees have been charged by the organization of this exhibit, if a piece should be sold as a result of being displayed at the exhibit, 10% of the sale price would be appreciated to supplement the Main Street Pendleton fund.
In late 2012, Pendleton received the designation of a Main Street Community from the State of Indiana. The mission of Main Street Pendleton is to encourage revitalization and restoration in downtown Pendleton to result in a positive, sustainable change for the community. Our goals are to:
- determine, delineate, and promote the area known as "Main Street Pendleton" that includes the area zoned for downtown business.
- encourage building and business owners to participate in activities and opportunities occurring under the Main Street Pendleton designation.
- be a local resource for owners.
- help the town of Pendleton maintain and improve the Main Street area.
The State of Indiana has been coordinating Main Street programs since 1985 and awards the distinction to individual communities wishing to preserve the integrity and atmosphere of their downtown area. The tenets of the Main Street are focused on organization, design, promotion, and business development in Pendleton.
To learn about “Arts Cream Sunday” or Main Street Pendleton please contact South Madison Community Foundation at 765-778-8444 or visit www.mainstreetpendleton.com
You can find more information on this organization at their Stony Creek Lifestyle listing accessible here.