The only funeral home located in Lapel. The firm was started in 1887 and has been serving the Lapel community since that time.
In 1887 J. C. McCarty started the first funeral establishment in Lapel. In a little less than a year, Mr. McCarty built a home and business room on the northwest corner of what is now Main and 10th Streets. J. C.’ s son, Rexford D. McCarty, joined the firm and it became known as McCarty & Son Funeral Home. In 1938 they remodeled the home they purchased across the street at 1010 Main Street to create the town’s first funeral home.
Brothers, J. Merwyn and Basil Fisher purchased the funeral home in 1946 and renamed the establishment Fisher Brothers Funeral Home. The Fisher brothers remodeled the home in 1948 with additions to the north and south side of the home.